Wednesday, November 21, 2007

GOP Running Mate

As Giuliani widens his lead as national frontrunner the question of his running mate has to come up. There have been different names through around over time but it has been ruled out by most and the candidates that McCain, Thompson and Romney would not accept the job. What about Former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee who just jumped into third place. For Giuliani this would help shore up a weakness with the conservative Christians. Huckabee has always been a long shot as president in my eyes but I would prefer him the McCain or Romney. He has joined the ranks of candidates I would for vote instead of voting against whomever the Dems. put up.

What do I have against McCain and Romney? Well McCain is a senator and I have gone into that before plus he really doesn’t work well with others. I don’t see him as a leader. With Romney it isn’t a question of leadership or him being Morman, it comes from him getting elected in Massachusetts. I question any politician that gets elected in state that continues to elect Ted Kennedy and John Kerry (especially Ted).

Back on track, who would be a good VP Candidate? My first choice is still Michael Steele but maybe Huckabee should be thrown into the lot (I just don't see him getting the nomination).