Friday, November 16, 2007

NaNoWriMo Madness Midway

The 15th being the halfway point time wise and I hit the halfway point in word wise (Actually 25042) before I called it a night. I have been able to maintain the overall story arc but several small details have changed from the original concept. There are times when the story tells me what it will be and the words flow out. Other times it is like crawling up a hill, backwards in a snow storm.

Right now I feel pretty good about getting to the 50000 word make but I am not confident the story will be wrapped up properly. I suppose I could put in little one line goal completions but that wasn't what I was worried about when I started. I only hoped I would be able to spread the story out that much.

Both me and my wife are all ready talking about what we will do next year. It has been a positive thing on many levels. The most unexpected benefit has been the small group we are doing this with. We have spent more time socializing this month then we have for the last 6 months.

Current word count as of little break 26,000.