Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Middle East Mutt Wants Amnesty

With a name like Mutt Lounge, I can’t pass up this story (Hat tip Conservative Grapevine).

In his blog, Eighty Deuce on the Loose, he tells the story of how the dog joined his unit and moved into their combat post.
"The one thing I have missed more than anything being in the military as a single soldier, is the fact that while living in the barracks I was not able to have ANY pet, even something like a fish," he said
I went several years without a pet, during my military service and then after college. It wasn’t until I met and eventually married my wife that I had a dog in the house again. I can definitely say that there is a comfort in having dog in the house (at least to me), so I completely understand their motivation.

It does make me wonder where this dog came from with all things considered.


A conservative Iranian cleric has denounced the "moral depravity" of owning a dog, and called for the arrest of all dogs and their owners.
Dogs are considered unclean in Islamic law and the spread of dog ownership in Westernised secular circles in Iran is frowned upon by the religious establishment.
"I demand the judiciary arrest all dogs with long, medium or short legs - together with their long-legged owners," Hojatolislam Hassani is quoted as saying in the reformist Etemad newspaper.
So is it any wonder to hear this?

After Watson's unit rotated out, the units that followed also took care of Charlie. The dog was afraid of civilians.

Operation Bring Charlie Home