Friday, September 14, 2007

The Warm Comfort of a Cold Statue

I have always like Lauren Green from Fox, she holds herself with a quite dignity. It is never more evident than in this story about Kathy Griffin speech during award acceptance.

I just don't understand comedian Kathy Griffin. Please understand that I like her. She's been on the FOX News Channel quite a bit and for the brief times we've talked, I've found her to be funny and self-effacing.

So, it puzzled me at first, then angered me second, that she would accept an award
and then insult a man who preached love and acceptance.

LG goes on to show how the sacrifice that Jesus made impacted the world in a chain of events. It is a good read and I hope you can take time to go through all of it.

My reaction to KG is a little different. It doesn’t really anger me but it does make me sad that a person would turn a small statue into some more then God, at least in their mind.

“This award is my God now."