Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Independent Music Surprise

Last night I went to a house concert (it is exactly what it sounds) without much expectations. The music was not why I was going. My wife and I are new to the area and we both felt it would be a nice opportunity to meet some the locals. While we were successful in that endeavor, it turned out to be the music that was the high point. Edie Carey delivered a stellar performance that left me wondering why the current superstars are held is such regarded. I have paid more money and had less satisfaction from so-called “stars”. As for her style of music, the closest I would point to would be Sheryl Crow. That being said, I have never been tempted to buy any of Sheryl Crows’ music. After hear just the first song of the show, I knew I would buy at least one of Edie’s CDs (I end up buying 2 and intend to get the others).

It brings me back to this question, why are people like this millionaires?