Thursday, June 28, 2007

I'm a tech guy,but this plan just doesn't sit well with me. Maybe cause I am a tech guy who has to maintain and repair a DCS (Distributive Control System).

The cameras, set off by radar, are to beam high-quality images of targets
miles away to field commanders and agents, making it possible to determine
almost instantly whether they are watching a family outing or a group of
illegal immigrants.


The information is to flow over a high-speed wireless network into
laptops in dozens of Border Patrol vehicles that, in theory, would respond
quicker and more efficiently to breaches than they do now.

This will work great in good weather but come rain or dust storms, well the radar will be effected and the wireless will not be dependable. Is it all as bad I think it might be, I hope not.