Thursday, January 17, 2008

President Bill Clinton leaves his mark

Rather low class and clumsy in delivery, but I can’t say I completely disagree.

That's not true," said Wright. "He did the same thing to us that he did to Monica Lewinsky." Wright was referencing President Clinton's "affair" with a White House intern, an affair that reportedly involved acts of oral sex.
One reason I am not a Democrat is because I believe in fixing problems, not maintaining them. Fixing is always more difficult and expensive in the short term but pays dividends over time. I fix something for $100 or pay $20 every year till I die. Problems don’t go away in four years by themselves and they have a tendency to become bigger the longer they are just maintained. Over time the $20 turns into $25 and then $30 and then $35.

The payment program is exactly what I see President B. Clinton put the nation into during his eight years. The payments just keep getting higher. It was all about what the nation could do for him. He left office with a thank you and a stain left behind.